Thursday, August 25, 2016

Reading Options

I've decided to select the public domain edition of Ramayana for my reading adventure in this course. I really like how many options are included when utilizing the public domain, like the "audio book" option. Whenever I'm reading dense words, or names and titles in a different language, my brain doesn't take the time to break down the name and fully comprehend the pronunciation. I just accept how it looks and move along.

I'll probably still check out the other copy of the Ramayana from the library. I really like how it seems to be in prose and I think it'll be a good challenge.

So, in short, my text of choosing is the PDE version, but I'm still going to utilize both options so I can really be immersed within the story.

~~~
Freedom from all Misery
Sun Salutation
theharekrishnamovement.org



I truly know very little/surface area information on all things indian culture. I was really into astrology for a while, and from what I gathered, Vedic astrology is rooted from Indian culture. I do enjoy a good curry, I practice yoga, and most of the guided meditations I listen to stem from Indian practices. I love the idea of karma, and I do believe in it but I'm not sure exactly where my belief patterns fall on the topic. I'm excited to learn much more about the origin story! I also might find myself volunteering in Indian (working with children of the lowest cast.) so to understand the cultural backbone will help influence my decision in the future! 

No comments:

Post a Comment