Monday, August 29, 2016

Starting the Semester.

Whenever I begin a semester I like to familiarize myself with my schedule completely. I take the time to know what websites will be of useful reference (then bookmark them for safe keeping), and then I fill out my planner with all of the informative dates on the syllabus. Because of rehearsal I have to utilize all of my down time, and I find it's much easier to stay on task when I visually map out my schedule (on the planner), jot down what is due, when it is due, and a rough estimate of how much time I need to successfully complete each task without rushing through and making the assignment feel like a burden. Once all of that is complete, I pre-decide where I'll be completing my homework. Second Wind? The library? At home? My biggest challenge as a student is giving into temptation of distraction, so if I plan every aspect of my workload ahead of time, it makes intrusive and distracting plans much easier to avoid!
It's the age of distraction, and let me tell you, I'm part of it.
Nurse Journal


No comments:

Post a Comment