Monday, September 26, 2016

Reading Notes B

Rhima and Hidimba

I love this story. This might be my favorite one I've read so far!

I'm going to remount the story by telling it through Hidimbi's perspective.
(Surprised?)

  • begin from Hidimba's entrance 
  • cover the conversation between the siblings 
  • explore their relationship- are they close?
  • Hidimbi's discovery of Bhima.
  • explore the rakshasa's transformation into a beautiful woman.
  • Rakshasa rejection 
  • wrap up with Hidimba's entrance 


scenes from the play, Hidi



-----------
PDE Mahabharata: Bhima and Hidimba


























1 comment:

  1. The story of Bhima and Hidimbi is one of my favorites too. But my most favorite story of the Mahabharata is when the Pandavas had to live incognito for one year. That is a story that is mostly always excluded from any version of the Mahabharata. I don't remember where I read about it, but it stuck with me afterwards. You should read it if you get a chance. You'll get a new point-of-view to look at the Mahabharata with.

    ReplyDelete