Tuesday, September 6, 2016

Reading Notes: Ramayana B



The Killing of Kaba
wiki



I really enjoy the monster stories, and I think I'd like to write another POV from the antagonist. After conducting some light research on Kabandha I was very intrigued to learn about how he was a gandharva (celtic musician) who was cursed to become this headless monster, until his arms are detached by Rama. In this version of the Ramayana he is cremated which releases him from the curse. I like that aspect of the story, I think it's more poetic. I plan to write about when the Kabandha is turned into the beast and his beginning life as this shape and form.

notes:
-created into a demon by Indra, king of the gods/sages
-named Vishvavsu/ Danu
-was given a boon of immortality, which lead to a huge ego
-attacked Indra



_____________

Public Domain Edition of the Ramayana  Kabandha

Wikipedia- Kabandha

No comments:

Post a Comment