Wednesday, September 14, 2016

Reading Notes D

SITA TESTED

I'm going to write my next story on Sita Tested.

I couldn't BELIEVE when Sita and Rama finally returned to each other that he accused her of being unfaithful.
I'm going write from her perspective (which seems to be a common theme of mine... I might start trying different angles but why fix what isn't broken? I also plan to write my main story project in this way so I like keeping this consistent.) 

Normally I write from a moment before perspective, but this time I'm going to follow the text directly; mainly focusing on the moment when she enters the fire. Rather than personify the fire I'm going to take a direction of the fire being unable to burn her. Which will really raise the stakes for Sita's sake. It's almost a little salem witch trial esq? 

SITA TESTED



1 comment:

  1. I spent too much time trying to say "stakes for Sita's sake," ten times fast. I'm dumb. It was a lot like the Salem witch trials, now that you mention it. The original story was, but especially your version. She summoned the fire herself, so it seemed like she had some witchcraft going on. She didn't even have to wrinkle-wiggle her nose! I'm still impressed that you take such better and more concise notes than me. Yours are succinct, whereas mine are unholy word vomit.

    ReplyDelete