Sunday, November 27, 2016

Famous Last Words, week 13/14ish?

I feel like this is a really appropriate time to make a blog about famous last words, because this is the last day of Thanksgiving break!

I feel like I was pretty productive with my break, which is nice. But at the same time I could have done more. Where is the balance? In my 3 1/2 years of college I still haven't found that answer.
I stayed in Norman this year. I never go home because home is over 1,000 miles away.
It's really surreal, this is my last Thanksgiving break. Weird...

I think the message of this post is concerning how everything has been, and will be, the first of the last.

Tomorrow I have auditions for the University's spring season of plays. My last audition here... ever.

The last of the last auditions.

I've been going back and forth lately about how I feel in my field. I really want to be serving my purpose in this lifetime, you know? I love acting, but sometimes I wonder if I'm meant to be doing something totally different. I go to therapy, and I sometimes find myself thinking that I could see myself as a therapist... but then I think about how much schooling that would take, if I really want to do that, would I even like it? Then I think it's just easier to stick to acting. But then, if I think longterm, what if I have a really shitty career? Would I regret not trying something different now? Or if I try something different now will I regret not sticking with my dreams?

So I've decided to backpack through Europe this summer. I'll be gone for two months. I've never even travelled outside of the country, let alone by myself. But... I'm gonna do it. I have friends who are also back packing, and we're gonna do fun things like meet up in Amsterdam and then meet up in London to see plays on the West End and a show at the Globe. I need to take sometime to step away from this lifestyle I'm living, just refresh my mind and gain new experience and maybe, who knows, discover myself. If you've read my storybook, you're probably noticing a theme here.

I'm not sure... did I influence my story, or did my story influence me?

The beautiful Globe Theatre, set for an evening performance.
Wikipedia on The Globe

No comments:

Post a Comment