Saturday, November 19, 2016

Tech Tip

This week I made a mistake while trying to edit my storybook. I accidentally made one of my stories a subpage, which meant that no one could find it! While I'm still unsure of how I did that in post-editing, I can help share how to make sure that doesn't happen!

If you're new to google sites, and you want to add a new story AND have it appear visibly underneath previous posts, do this...

Go to the top right, and you'll see a little gray icon that says "Create page"
Click on that, and it will take you to a new page where you can title the new post.
When it asks to put a location, you're going to want to click PUT PAGE AT TOP LEVEL.
To me, you'd think that would mean it would put the post above the first one. But it actually formats the post underneath the oldest. If you click PUT PAGE UNDER _______ it will create a subpage for it, unable to be easily viewed upon navigation.

No comments:

Post a Comment